Hunter Valley Showcase Tour
Instantly transform your car into a "talking car tour guide"
Touch & go satellite navigation gives turn by turn directions and automatically plays expert tour commentary as you drive.
Start Pokolbin 10:15 am. Finish Pokolbin 5:00 pm. Please allow travel time to / from Pokolbin.
Suitable for visitors located 35km+ from Pokolbin, Hunter Valley. Start tour app and ensure volume is turned up before driving to the Hunter Valley. Tour commentary begins 35km before your first stop with fascinating information about the Hunter Valley region and tips on wine tasting.
Experience the best of Australia's oldest wine production region in just one day. We take you beyond the traditional tour with full flexibility according to your interests. Want to stay a little longer at a particular venue or cut short one that doesn't tickle your fancy? Go ahead, the choice is always yours on the Hunter Valley Showcase Tour.
Visit each attraction IN NUMERICAL ORDER (tastings generally include 5+ wines):
1. Tyrrell's internationally renowned family winery with history. Optional one hour tour including tastings $10. Tour begins 10.30am daily. Tastings without tour $5 refunded with purchase.
2. Audrey Wilkinson's stunningly picturesque winery. $5 for tastings refunded with purchase.
3. Baume restaurant for a leisurely lunch. Great choice including sharing plates, vegan, gluten free, etc. Alternatively, bring your own to enjoy in the beautiful surroundings. There's also the opportunity to taste local olives and cheeses or grab an ice cream or gelato.
4. Tamburlaine organic winery. Complimentary tastings.
5. Wine House showcasing the smaller producers of the area. Awarded "Best Tasting Experience" 2019 Cellar Door of the Year Awards, Gourmet Traveller Wine Magazine. Eight tastings $10 refunded with purchase.
6. Hunter Valley Gardens Village for free time strolling among the region's fascinating shopping village. Free entry. Alternatively visit McGuigan's winery for complimentary tastings and / or try cheese tasting at the Hunter Valley Cheese Company next to McGuigans, 5 cheeses and matched crackers $7.95.
We look forward to welcoming you.
User Guide (also shown at the bottom of each attraction for convenience).
To begin the tour in your vehicle follow three simple steps below:
1. SELECT. After pressing "START" above, select attractions (1 to 6) in order. Either touch blank area on tour map and select from itinerary list or finger pinch to zoom tour map and select next numbered attraction. Ensure volume is turned up.
2. NAVIGATE to each attraction by selecting menu on expanded attraction screen (three dots, top right) and select "get directions". Your default navigation app will open automatically and guide you to your chosen attraction. Tour app will run in background delivering tour commentary automatically as you drive.
3. REPEAT. After you complete each attraction, simply switch from your navigation app back to the izi.TRAVEL app and select the next attraction in numerical order from the itinerary map / list. If required, swipe down to reveal itinerary map. Navigate in the same way as above (i.e. select three dot menu at top right of selected attraction screen then select "get directions")
Do not close the tour app until you have completed your return journey at the end of the day.
At each stop it's OK to let your phone go to standby. The tour app will continue as usual when you wake the phone to continue to the next stop, so long as you do not close the app.
Tips for the Best Experience:
1. Before departure download the tour using the "download" button on the izi.TRAVEL app. Also download required map area on your preferred navigation app, e.g. Google Maps. Downloading both the tour and map area before starting the tour means mobile data connection is not required to complete the tour.
2. Power your phone with a car charger.
3. Listen to the commentary via your car stereo system using an aux cable between you phone's headphone socket and the aux input socket of the car stereo. Don't use bluetooth if also playing music from phone as some cars may lock onto the music source.
4. Use a windscreen or air vent mount for your smartphone for safe & convenient hands free navigation.
Return / Onward Journey:
Navigate to your required location using your preferred navigation app e.g. Google Maps in the usual way. Close tour app after you have completed your return journey.
Enjoy the tour!
Get the best experience with the app
The Cya On The Road app gives you an itinerary of 6 hidden gems with fascinating stories, complete with audio guides, maps, top rated nearby hotels, cheap flights, car hire deals, attraction discounts and the best local eats.
Get the app now and search for Hunter Valley Showcase Tour.